How to pack books
Packing books might seems like an easy task, but our packing experts have shared several tips for you to consider when packing up your book collection.
- Use a small sturdy box – a box of books can get heavy quickly, so using a smaller but sturdy box can help to distribute the weight.
- Secure the bottom of the box – Packing tape layered around the box seam and edges can add support to a heavy box of books.
- Line the box – Create a layer around the covers of your book collection by lining the box with newsprint paper.
- Organize books by size – Grouping your books by size makes them easier to place in the box while you pack.
- Wrap rare collections separately – Individually wrap your rare collectibles, and consider whether to move this with you, rather than in a moving van.
- Pack the box – Place your books in the box on their edge, alternating the bound edges. (See video: How to Pack Books)
- Fill in any gaps – Use crumpled packing paper to fill in any gaps between the books and box sides.
- Secure the top of the box – Close and seal the top seam of the box with a couple of layers of packing tape.
- Label the box – Using a dark, permanent marker, label the sides of your box with the contents